Share | 

Bands removed from Metal Archives

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Strappado
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Fri 12 Nov 2010 - 8:14

A damn lot of bands have been removed from M-A lately, many of them NWOBHM bands.. what is your opinon about this? and what bands are you missing from the site?

One band I can't understand why it's have been removed is: Shogun (UK)
Their S/T album are not very heavy, but damn I have seen softer releases still exists on the site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://strappadometalblog.blogspot.com
Lord Bones

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Fri 12 Nov 2010 - 8:39

I am here with you!!! Why they do this, I don't know! But it must be somekind of deathmetal/core kid is doing the deleting.

Keep it Metal Warrior , stay Drunk and enjoy (boobies)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://metal2thebone.blogspot.com
Vile Ent
Blog Contributor
Blog Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Sat 13 Nov 2010 - 12:05

I'm not as familiar with the site, but I guess there are Admins there who would be doing this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://stage65.ning.com/
AchiLLeS
Blog Contributor
Blog Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Sun 14 Nov 2010 - 11:50

Other band removed is NWOBHM band Nightwing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strappado
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Sun 14 Nov 2010 - 15:21

Yes they sure have, I discovered that a few months ago when I was going to look up some info on the Treading Water 12" red vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Strappado
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Sun 14 Nov 2010 - 15:22

Vile Ent wrote:
I'm not as familiar with the site, but I guess there are Admins there who would be doing this?

Yes, it seems like many of them are more into Black / Death Metal and metalcore bands.
Back to top Go down
Sletti2
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Sun 14 Nov 2010 - 15:39

I think it's scandalous ! I don't understand why someone would try to destroy such an interesting information ... I go to metalarchives a lot, just to see the information on older NWOBHM bands.
I'm not so much into death metal and I don't like metalcore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vile Ent
Blog Contributor
Blog Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Sun 14 Nov 2010 - 15:54

Strappado wrote:
Vile Ent wrote:

Yes, it seems like many of them are more into Black / Death Metal and metalcore bands.

Perhaps the site should be boycotted - not because I have a problem with new genres of Metal, but because originally it was open to all genres, and built up an audience of people looking for info on bands from any side of the Metal spectrum. All these people are now left out in the cold. That's Not Right!

I guess I won't bother joining now, I was going to make an entry for my band Ligeia (Canada, 1986-1988), but what's the point if it gets deleted? That way I could have filled in the blanks for my career in Metal under the entry on the Infernal Majesty page (under given name Graham MacSkimming). Now they won't have that info and I won't have that exposure. FUCK!
Back to top Go down
amrith777
Obscure
Obscure

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Sat 20 Nov 2010 - 10:41

Reply to Vile Ent:

Those bastards!! Angry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vile Ent
Blog Contributor
Blog Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Sun 21 Nov 2010 - 1:36

No doubt laddie, but there are other fish in the sea! :pirate:
Back to top Go down
thunderandlightning
Obscure
Obscure

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Sun 5 Dec 2010 - 18:58

It's an absolute JOKE - I was under the impression that Metal Archives was supposed to be the best metal database on the 'Net, giving information on bands from all over the metal spectrum. This deletion of bands makes no sense....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peter
Obscure
Obscure

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Fri 10 Dec 2010 - 14:14

They even didn't wanna add Troyen (NWoBHM) there i'm told, because Troyen sounded "too soft" Sad
Why is it called Metal Archieves then, something in the archives is something from the past i learned at school .
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nwobhm-maniacs.forumotion.com
Strappado
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Fri 10 Dec 2010 - 18:19

Yeah I tried to add Troyen, but as u said.. it wasn't to heavy to have a place in their "ARHCIVE". It seems like only DEATH and GROOVE / HARCORE bands are welcomed on this site lately..
Back to top Go down
SHARKATTACK
Obscure
Obscure

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Sun 12 Dec 2010 - 22:59

My experience with that site is its run by a bunch of Fascists - if they don't like your reviews they block them by bitching aboout your spelling. Also where are the hair metal bands - yes the likes of Pretty Boy Floyd, Tuff etc etc - these bands are still metal and in most cases are heavier than alot of the NWOBHM bands(sugar coated I know but the guitars have plenty of crunch)but instead of the NWOBHM and Glam we get obscure bands with silly names like peadophiles hammer - yes I made that one up but you get the idea, can we be sure these bands even exist? its extremely dangerous that a handful of anonymous people are censoring what people want to read about in order to broaden their minds with knowledge............death to Metal Archives.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amrith777
Obscure
Obscure

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Tue 14 Dec 2010 - 18:14

I have always found that Encyclopedia Metallum or whatever it's called has been a decent place.That's the trouble with the internet--any given site may be run by a person or people that are biased.There are some kinds of metal that I don't necessarily care for--but I know it's still considered part of the history and pantheon of metal,so if I had a site,I would include these bands despite my PERSONAL preference.That's one of the things that I love and am drwn toward on Strappados' site--he puts up many genres of metal and lets US decide if we dig it or not--as it SHOULD be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sletti2
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 17:18

I was looking for the old UK band Young Blood on the Metal Archives ... but I couldn't find it. Maybe it has been deleted, or maybe it has never been there.

Young Blood made a nice EP called 'First Blood' in 1984.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
manguarden
Obscure
Obscure

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Fri 4 Feb 2011 - 1:25

I must agree with all of you guys, there cannot be such an act as this like, conducted in such way. The admins in that page seems to not appreciate the pioneers of metal, the ones who started this thing and that influenced so many bands remaining instead in the site. There are bands being left out of the reach of people interested in the history of metal, bands that worth listening to. On the contrary, now we are plenty of bands leaving no track in the metal scene, because back in the past, have been decades where the style took place.

The foundation of metal is despised and we are losing what really matters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sletti2
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Sat 5 Feb 2011 - 3:24

yes Manguarden ... I agree with you 100 % and I couldn't have said it any better than you did. It's a big scandal !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Bones

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Sat 12 Feb 2011 - 7:29

Here is another band that disappeared from MA. Ocean from France. I am very certain about that!

You know what pisses me of big time. Bands from the old days who helped shaping Metal as it is today are gone at MA and yet some stupid Black Metal entities which consists only one person who makes a lot of noise, makes some growls and use a picture of a forest in a mist for their only released cassette tape made in a attic or bedroom when his parents aren't home. Those stay on forever in MA. That pisses me of fucking big time.

Back to top Go down
metalfranc
Blog Contributor
Blog Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Sat 12 Feb 2011 - 7:52

OCEAN is THE band that opened all the doors to the 80's in France. Musically, they've have created the 80's musical style that was used after by all the French bands in the 80's. In this case, if OCEAN is deleted, they have to delete also all the French heavy-metal bands from the 80's cause without OCEAN, they just wouldn't exist ! Such a shame from MA once again to have such a small knowledge. Just incredible ! That's why I don't want any of my uploads to be put it this shameless database. I don't want to feed the stupids. I never used MA. "Rateyourmusic" is a lot better. The only little problem of rateyourmusic is sometimes some mistakes on the release date, but besides this small problem, their database is 100 times better than the one on MA. I just hate the politic of the new owner of MA. Before this guy (or company) bought it, it was very good. Now it's one of the worse database of the net. I don't want to be there. It sucks. Once again, by deleting OCEAN, it just proves that their musical knowledge is zero ! I'm not very surprised in fact... It just confirms...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Bones

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Sat 12 Feb 2011 - 9:07

Hmm I would include Trust also as the eye opener for the French bands but thats for another discussion. I totally agree with you that MA has a total disregard of early bands or bands that are on the fringe of metal but still help to shape it. But a stupid grindcore of a so called black metal gets all the attention. Whats next to disappear? Iron Maiden? Because it doesn't make to much noise or is not modern?
I wonder...

This site has become to biased...

Back to top Go down
Ander!
Obscure
Obscure

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Wed 11 May 2011 - 7:40

They also removed the band "Sin (Usa), Alien (Usa), Snatch (Usa)" They are excluding all the best bands and leaving the Black / Death Metal core. This garbage that turned a "Place."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://andermadwild.blogspot.com/
chilegamegeek
Obscure
Obscure

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Thu 21 Jul 2011 - 19:58

Strappado wrote:
A damn lot of bands have been removed from M-A lately, many of them NWOBHM bands.. what is your opinon about this? and what bands are you missing from the site?

One band I can't understand why it's have been removed is: Shogun (UK)
Their S/T album are not very heavy, but damn I have seen softer releases still exists on the site.

They have been deleting bands since a lot time ago. As far as I remember they deleted RAGE (UK), PRAYING MANTIS (UK, the Nowhere to Hide album is almost pure Heavy Metal with synths), MEDINA AZAHARA (ES) and a lot more!

Shame on them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YST
Obscure
Obscure

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Tue 16 Aug 2011 - 15:36

I have only noticed they have deleted Drakkard (Not that heavy, but some Guitar riffs & melodies are)and such band so far. Wich still is dumb .

I think even Black Sabbath & Deep Purple will be thrown off if it goes on like this Evil or Very Mad .

EDIT:
metalfranc wrote:
OCEAN is THE band that opened all the doors to the 80's in France. Musically, they've have created the 80's musical style that was used after by all the French bands in the 80's. In this case, if OCEAN is deleted, they have to delete also all the French heavy-metal bands from the 80's cause without OCEAN, they just wouldn't exist ! Such a shame from MA once again to have such a small knowledge. Just incredible ! That's why I don't want any of my uploads to be put it this shameless database. I don't want to feed the stupids. I never used MA. "Rateyourmusic" is a lot better. The only little problem of rateyourmusic is sometimes some mistakes on the release date, but besides this small problem, their database is 100 times better than the one on MA. I just hate the politic of the new owner of MA. Before this guy (or company) bought it, it was very good. Now it's one of the worse database of the net. I don't want to be there. It sucks. Once again, by deleting OCEAN, it just proves that their musical knowledge is zero ! I'm not very surprised in fact... It just confirms...
They did what !?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killedbydeath
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 3:20

sucks that they would remove bands but keep all that crappier new death grindcore stuff.The 80's stuff is the best years for music and that includes ALL of the NWOBHM bands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands removed from Metal Archives   

Back to top Go down

Bands removed from Metal Archives
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1